Here are some of the best breakfast recipes we found. From sweet to savory, there’s something for everyone!
Banana Bread Doughnuts
Okay, so donuts don’t sound that healthy but these little guys actually have a real nutritional punch so don’t fret.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or GF flour substitute)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat the doughnut pan (or muffin pan) with cooking spray.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda and stir to combine.
3. In another bowl, mix coconut oil, bananas, agave syrup, yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Whisk to smoothness.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
5. Fill the pan with donut mixture, making sure each indenture is 3/4 full.
6. Add walnut pieces on top.
7. Bake in oven for 14-16 minutes or until donuts are golden brown.
Recipe via The Greatist.