For Meatless Mondays, or for the vegetarians out there, this recipe from LunchBoxBunch.com will be a sure way to get your burger fix. This sweet potato burger is full of fiber and protein to fill you up and satisy a craving. Topped with avocado, this healthy burger will please any crowd.
Will make 7-8 large patties
2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp maple or agave syrup
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning
1/4 cup wheat flour
salt to taste if needed
Oil for pan
Additional Toppings: avocado, Dijon mustard, grain buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mix in seasoning, flour and seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Feel free to add extra flour or breadcrumbs if desire a thicker consistency
4. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in a thick layer of Panko crumbs. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. If baking, use less Panko crumbs.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun, add toppings